Guidelines for presenting papers
GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTING PAPERS
Good luck with your preparations!
An Escape-12 lecture takes 25 minutes, including discussion.
Leave 5-10 minutes for discussion and stick to the allocated time.
Preparing the presentation in Powerpoint is strongly recommended. The MS templates ensure that you will use sufficiently large letter sizes, that can be read in the back of a room (10-15 m distance). Advice: try out the readability of your sheets at this distance in a half dark room.
Two types of projection are possible:
- directly via a beamer system (preferred); a laptop (with Powerpoint) will be available in your session room
- with transparencies and overhead projector.
Experience shows that possible technical problems with beamers (incompatibility and the like) may cause a lot of stress to speakers and organization. We strongly recommend you to do the following two actions:
- to prepare transparencies as well AND ......
- to submit your presentation by email to Escape12@kivibur.nl before mid-May 2002 so that a technical check can be made beforehand. Only in case of failure you will be contacted.
- This procedure will guarantee a smooth course of the presentation in all cases.
For similar reasons a slide projector will NOT be available.
The presentation should start with a title sheet (title of the presentation, authors and affiliation).
Dot not use all colours from the rainbow in the same sheet. Realize that a certain percentage of people has some degree of colour blindness and that some combinations of colours may lead to a very bad contrast. It may look fantastic on your screen, but it may look very disappointing when projected in a half dark room.
Escape-12 Scientific Committee.