Escape-12 General information|
Escape-12 will be held at the Netherlands Congress Centre, Churchillplein 10, The Hague.
Parking facilities are available in the underground park of the Congress Centre.
During the symposium participants can be reached as follows:
by telephone: national
(070) 306 58 01
+3170 306 58 01
by telefax: national
(070) 306 64 43
+3170 306 64 43
by e-mail: Escape12@kivibur.nl
Please register by means of the registration form, which has to be filled in completely and accurately, and return it to:
Escape-12 c/o KIVI
P.O. Box 30424
2500 GK THE HAGUE
Fax: +3170 3919840
Fee participants incl. authors
* This fee includes the proceedings, lunches and refreshments during the symposium, the informal get-together on Sunday 26 May, the reception on Monday 27 May as well as the boat trip and symposium dinner on Tuesday 28 May.
Advance registration and payment (before 1 March 2002) EUR 675,00 * Late registration and payment (after 1 March 2002) EUR 750,00 * Additional ticket for reception and symposium dinner for accompanying persons EUR 100,00
Please note that the national science foundation in your home country may provide special funds for visiting meetings abroad.
The fee should be remitted in Euro's in one of the following ways:
Please indicate clearly your name, address and Escape-12 on all cheques, money orders, etc.
- by banktransfer via SWIFT - SWIFTcode ABNANL 2A (preferably) - to the ABN-AMRO Bank N.V., The Hague, to the credit of account no. 43.02.11.112 of Congress Office KIVI, The Hague
- by cheque - payable to Congress Office KIVI, The Hague
- to the postal account of Congress Office KIVI, The Hague, no. 177.70.70
- by credit card (please fill in the appropriate section on the form) *
* Please note that if payment of the fees is made by credit card the registration form has to sent in by priority mail or by fax (with signature!).
Confirmation of registration
Confirmation of registration for the symposium willl be sent (at the beginning of May 2002) by e-mail to the participants after their remittance has been received. On presentation of this confirmation at the Registration and Information Desk, the necessary documents will be issued. Confirmation of hotel reservation (see hotel accommodation) will be sent directly by 'Convention Travel International B.V.'.
List of participants
A list of participants will be available from the Registration and Information Desk.
The official symposium language is English.
Cancellation, refunds and substitution
Written requests for cancellation and refund of registration fees should be addressed to Escape-12 c/o KIVI). A deduction of EUR 75,00 for administrative costs will be made for registration cancellations received before 11 May 2002. For cancellations after 11 May 2002 no refund can be made.
A registered participant who is subsequently unable to attend may nominate a substitute by informing Escape-12 c/o KIVI.
A number of rooms have been reserved in various hotels in The Hague at favourable rates. The Crowne Plaza Promenade Hotel en the Golden Tulip Bel Air Hotel are located within walking distance from the Congress Centre. The Badhotel is located in the seaside resort of Scheveningen, whereas the Mercure Central Hotel is in the city centre of The Hague. Both the Badhotel and the Mercure Central Hotel can easily by reached by tram in about 10 minutes.
Requests for reservations will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis. Therefore, please return the hotel reservation form to the agents, Convention Travel International B.V., as soon as possible, but preferably before 25 February 2002, since after that date accommodation cannot be guaranteed, the month of May being high season.
Rates per room per night, including service charge and VAT, but exclusive of breakfast and city tax (EUR 2,00-4,00 per person per night - 2001 price level) Crowne Plaza Promenade
Golden Tulip Bel Air
In view of hotel policy, all reservation requests must be guaranteed by credit card.
Upon receipt of the form with credit card details, participants will receive a hotel confirmation voucher. This voucher must be handed over to the hotel reception when checking in.
Cancellations and/or changes should be made in writing or by fax to Convention Travel International B.V.
In accordance with the Standard Terms and Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry, the hotel will charge the following cancellation fee in case of cancellation of all or any number of nights as reserved:
Registration and Information desk
- more than 3 months before the reserved arrival date: no charge
- more than 2 months before the reserved arrival date: 15% of the reservation value
- more than 1 month before the reserved arrival date: 35% of the reservation value
- more than 14 days before the reserved arrival date: 60% of the reservation value
- more than 7 days before the reserved arrival date: 85% of the reservation value
- less than 7 days before the reservation date or in case of no-show, or when leaving the hotel earlier than the reserved departure date: 100% of the reservation value.
All participants are requested to check in at the Registration and Information Desk. This desk, located at the Netherlands Congress Centre, will be open on Sunday 26 May from 15.00-19.00 hrs. and during the symposium from 08.00 hrs. onward. Participants are advised to pick up their documents at the desk on Sunday 26 May.
The Organising Committee cannot accept any responsibility for personal accidents or damage to the private property of the participants. Participants are advised to take out insurance as they consider necessary.
Symposium dinner on Tuesday 28 May (19.00-24.00 hrs.)
Departure by bus from the main entrance of the Netherlands Congress Centre for Rotterdam to embark the historical paddle boat 'De Majesteit' for a tour through Rotterdam harbour and the fairway to the North Sea. Usually some drilling and/or cranebarges are in the harbour. Drinks and the symposium dinner will be served during the trip.
For symposium participants this boat trip and dinner are included in the registration fee. Additional tickets (for accompanying persons) can be ordered at a price of EUR 100,00 (the reception on Monday 27 May is also included).
Please register for this boat trip and dinner on the registration form.
No special social program is foreseen by the Escape-12 organisation. For accompanying persons interested in tours information will be available in the hotels. We refer also to the website: http://www.visitholland.com/ to obtain tourist information about The Netherlands.
Accompanying persons are invited to join the reception on Monday 27 May and the boat trip and symposium dinner on Tuesday 28 May (at a price of EUR 100,00).
- The Central Station and the Station HS in The Hague have direct train-connections with Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam/Delft/Rotterdam (every 15 minutes).
- The Netherlands Congress Centre can be reached by tramway no. 7 and 8.
- Reception on Monday 27 May:
Symposium coaches will leave from the main entrance of the Netherlands Congress Centre at 18.15 hrs. to the Town Hall of The Hague. Departure to the hotels at 19.30 hrs.
- Boat trip and dinner on Tuesday 28 May:
Symposium coaches will leave from the main entrance of the Netherlands Congress Centre at 19.00 hrs. Return to the hotels in The Hague and Scheveningen at 23.30 hrs
Weather and dress
Generally, the weather in May is fine but rain is not an exception. It is recommended to consult CNN the day prior ro your departure to The Netherlands for the latest update of our weather forecast.
Dress for the symposium sessions is informal. No special dress is required for the reception, boat trip and dinner.
Participants from a number of countries may need an entry visa for The Netherlands. It is recommended that visa applications should be submitted well in advance of the symposium. If a formal invitation is requested to apply for an entry visa, please inform Escape-12 c/o KIvI timely.